|Died||December 18 1898 (aged 79–80)|
|Place of birth||Belgium|
|Place of burial||
Holy Sepulchre Cemetery,|
East Orange, New Jersey
United States of America|
|Unit||Company B, 11th New Jersey Volunteer Infantry Regiment|
|Battles/wars||American Civil War|
|Awards||Medal of Honor|
Albert Oss was born in 1818 and immigrated to the United States from Belgium. He joined the Army from Newark, New Jersey. Albert Oss died December 18, 1898. He is buried in Holy Sepulchre Cemetery, East Orange, New Jersey and his grave can be found in Section H, Soldiers' Plot, Lot 137, Grave 4.
Medal of Honor citationEdit
Rank and Organization:
- Private, Company B, 11th New Jersey Infantry. Place and Date: At Chancellorsville, Va., May 3, 1863. Entered Service At: Newark, N.J. Birth: Belgium. Date of Issue: May 6, 1892.
Remained in the rifle pits after the others had retreated, firing constantly, and contesting the ground step by step.
- ↑ "Albert Oss, Civil War Medal of Honor recipient". Army of Medal of Honor website. 2007-07-16. http://www.history.army.mil/html/moh/civwarmz.html. Retrieved 2007-09-22.
- ↑ "OSS, ALBERT, Civil War Medal of Honor recipient". American Civil War website. 2007-11-08. Archived from the original on 28 October 2007. http://web.archive.org/web/20071028173403/http://americancivilwar.com/medal_of_honor7.html. Retrieved 2007-11-08.
- "Civil War (M-Z); Oss, Albert entry". Medal of Honor recipients. United States Army Center of Military History. August 3, 2009. Archived from the original on 7 July 2010. http://web.archive.org/web/20100707090618/http://www.history.army.mil/html/moh/civwarmz.html. Retrieved July 13, 2010.
- "Albert Oss". Claim to Fame: Medal of Honor recipients. Find a Grave. http://www.findagrave.com/memorial/19716. Retrieved 2007-11-08.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|