|Andrew Peter Forbeck|
|Born||April 29, 1881|
|Died||April 24, 1924(aged 42)|
|Place of birth||New York City, New York|
|Place of death||Erie, Pennsylvania|
|Place of burial||Erie Cemetery Erie, Pennsylvania|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Unit||USS Pampanga (PG-39)|
|Awards||Medal of Honor|
Andrew Peter Forbeck (April 29, 1881 (New York City, New York) – April 24, 1924) was a United States Navy seaman received the Medal of Honor for actions aboard USS Pampanga (PG-39) on July 16, 1900 during the Philippine American War. Seaman Forbeck is buried in Erie Cemetery, Erie, Pennsylvania.
He is buried in Erie Cemetery Erie, Pennsylvania. His grave can be found in section 24, lot 184.
Medal of Honor citationEdit
Rank and Organization: Seaman, U.S. Navy. Born: August 29, 18,9, New York. Accredited to: New York. G.O. No.: 55, July 19, 1901.
For distinguished conduct in the presence of the enemy during the battle of Katbalogan, Samar, Philippine Islands, July 16, 1900.
- ↑ "Andrew P. Forbeck". Claim to Fame: Medal of Honor recipients. Find a Grave. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=7219749. Retrieved 2007-10-23.
- "Andrew P. Forbeck". Claim to Fame: Medal of Honor recipients. Find a Grave. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=7219749. Retrieved 2007-10-23.
- "Gravesite". Home of Heroes. http://www.homeofheroes.com/gravesites/states/pages_af/forbeck_andrew.html. Retrieved September 27, 2010.
- "Medal of Honor citation". Home of Heroes. http://www.homeofheroes.com/moh/citations_1900_wars/pi_forbeck.html. Retrieved September 27, 2010.
- "Forbeck, Andrew Peter - Medal of Honor Resting Places". Waymarking.com website. http://www.waymarking.com/wm/details.aspx?f=1&guid=e8f1f20c-d65b-483e-b34b-b947e3caaaf3. Retrieved September 27, 2010.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|