|Cadet Forces Medal|
File:Reverse Cadet Force Medal.jpg|
Reverse of medal
|Awarded by United Kingdom and New Zealand|
|Eligibility||Commissioned Officers and non commissioned adult instructors of the UK Cadet Forces, and Commissioned Officers of the Australian (prior to 1974) and New Zealand Cadet Forces.|
|Awarded for||12 years service|
|Clasps||every 8 years additional service in NZ or 6 additional years in the UK|
|Established||1 February 1950|
The Cadet Forces Medal is awarded to recognise long and efficient service by Commissioned Officers and non commissioned adult instructors of the UK Cadet Forces: The Army Cadet Force, the Air Training Corps, the Sea Cadet Corps and Combined Cadet Force, and Commissioned Officers of the New Zealand Cadet Forces. It is awarded for 12 years service. Additional clasps are issued for every 8 years additional service in New Zealand & for 6 additional years in the UK.
The Cadet Forces Medal was issued to Officers and Instructors within the Australian Sea Cadet Corps/Naval Reserve Cadets, Australian Army Cadet Corps and Air Training Corps between 1950 and 1974. In Australia, the award was superseded in 1999 by the Australian Cadet Forces Service Medal which was backdated to include service prior to 1999 not used for the award of the Cadet Forces Medal.
Recipients of the Cadet Forces Service Medal do not earn an entitlement to use post-nominal letters.
- The Cadet Forces Medal is stamped in cupro-nickel in the form of a circular Medal bearing on the obverse the Crowned Effigy of the Sovereign and on the reverse the inscription “The Cadet Forces Medal”, and a representation of a torch. The name of the recipient shall be stamped on the rim of the Medal.
- The ribbon is one and a quarter inches wide which has a green background, yellow edges, narrow stripes of dark blue, red and light blue being superimposed. The ribbon shall be worn with the dark blue stripe further from the left shoulder than the stripe of light blue.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Cadet Forces Medal Regulations, (medals.nzdf.mil.nz), accessed May 4, 2010
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Cadet Forces Medal, (armycadetforce.com), accessed May 4, 2010
- ↑ http://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/honours/awards/medals/australian_cadet_forces_service_medal.cfm The Australian Cadet Forces Medal, (www.itsanhonour.gov.au), accessed 23 May 2010
- ↑ The Cadet Forces Medal Post-Nominals, (spiritus-temporis.com), accessed May 4, 2010
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|