Young people who are members of the Cadet Forces gain skills that include
It was recognised that these skills were “transferable” to higher education and the work place and of interest to employers. The CVQO acts as a delivery point by being accredited by lead bodies such as City & Guilds and Edexcel and professional bodies (ILM) where these skills can be recognised by qualifications.
Cadets can also qualify for other BTEC awards through the training that is carried out at their squadrons/units. Cadets have to be 16 before they can start working towards a qualification. There are many additional courses and awards that can be gained. The recognised qualifications are:
- BTEC First Diploma in Public Services
- BTEC First Diploma in music
- BTEC First Diploma in Engineering (Maintenance)
- Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) Level 2 Certificate in Team Leading
- ILM Award in First Line Management Level 3
- City & Guilds Licentiate-ship (in Youth Leadership and Training)
- City & Guilds Graduate-ship (in Youth Management and Training)
- City & Guilds Membership (in Strategic Youth Management)
- First Aid Assessors & Verifiers Qualification (NVQ units)
- Cadet Vocational Qualification Organisation (CVQO)
- Junior Leaders Association
- College of the Sea
- 27 Volunteers from the Air Cadets celebrate success (RAF News) accessdate: 2008-10-29
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Cadet Vocational Qualification Organisation website. "Cadet Vocational Qualification Organisation". http://www.cvqo.co.uk/. Retrieved 2008-10-29.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 MOD(Army) - ACF website. "Army Cadet Force qualifications". http://www.armycadets.com/join/cadets/qualifications/. Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Air Cadet Organisation website. "Air Cadet Organisation". http://www.aircadets.org/trgofficer_education.html. Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Marine Society & Sea Cadets website. "College of the Sea". http://www.ms-sc.org/Marine-Society/Content/Education/Sea-Cadet-Corps/CVQO/ilm. Retrieved 2008-10-29.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|