|Born||May 10, 1841|
|Died||May 16, 1913(aged 72)|
|Place of birth||Germany or France|
|Place of death||Queens County, New York|
United States of America|
United States Army|
|Years of service||1861 - 1865|
|Unit||34th New York Battery|
|Battles/wars||American Civil War|
|Awards||Medal of Honor|
Carl Ludwig was a Private in the Union Army, received the Medal of Honor, on July 30, 1896, for his brave and gallant action at the Second Battle of Petersburg, Virginia during the American Civil War.
Medal of Honor citationEdit
- Rank and organization: Private, 34th New York Battery.
- Place and date: Petersburg, Virginia., June 18, 1864.
- Birth: France.
- Date of issue: July 30, 1896
As gunner of his piece, inflicted singly a great loss upon the enemy and distinguished himself in the removal of the piece while under a heavy fire.
- List of American Civil War Medal of Honor recipients: G–L
- List of Medal of Honor recipients for the Second Battle of Petersburg
- This article incorporates from websites or documents of the United States Army Center of Military History.
- ""CARL LUDWIG" entry". Medal of Honor recipients: American Civil War. United States Army Center of Military History. July 30, 1896. http://www.history.army.mil/html/moh/civwaral.html. Retrieved 2008-07-31.
- "Carl Ludwig (Medal of Honor)". Claim to Fame: Medal of Honor recipients. Find a Grave. http://www.findagrave.com/memorial/8453338. Retrieved 2009-04-28.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|