|Cyrus B. Lower|
|Born||February 28, 1843|
|Died||May 21, 1924(aged 81)|
|Place of birth||Lawrence County, Pennsylvania|
|Place of burial||Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia|
United States of America|
United States Army|
|Years of service||1863 - 1865|
|Unit||13th Pennsylvania Reserve Regiment|
American Civil War|
*Battle of the Wilderness
|Awards||Medal of Honor|
Lower joined the army from New Castle, Pennsylvania in October 1863. Three weeks after the Battle of the Wilderness, he was captured, but escaped the following month and was transferred to the 190th Pennsylvania Infantry. He was discharged in June 1865.
He died May 21, 1924 and is buried in Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia. His grave can be found in Section 17 Lot 19971.
Medal of Honor citationEdit
Rank and organization: Private, Company K, 13th Pennsylvania Reserves. Place and date: At Wilderness, Va., May 7, 1864. Entered service at: ------. Birth: Lawrence County, Pa. Date of issue. July 20, 1887.
Gallant services and soldierly qualities in voluntarily rejoining his command after having been wounded.
- List of American Civil War Medal of Honor recipients: G–L
- List of Medal of Honor recipients for the Battle of the Wilderness
- This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the United States Army Center of Military History.
- "Cyrus B. Lower". Claim to Fame: Medal of Honor recipients. Find a Grave. http://www.findagrave.com/memorial/7877813. Retrieved 2008-12-29.
- "Arlington Cemetery". http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/cblower.htm. Retrieved September 24, 2010.
- "Home of Heroes". http://www.homeofheroes.com/moh/citations_1862_cwh/lower_cyrus.html. Retrieved September 24, 2010.
- ""CYRUS B. LOWER" entry". Medal of Honor recipients: American Civil War. United States Army Center of Military History. June 8, 2009. http://www.history.army.mil/html/moh/civwaral.html. Retrieved 2008-03-13.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|