Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The HK21 is a light machine gun powered belt of ammunition, firing rounds of caliber 7.62mm NATO. Designed by German arms manufacturer Heckler & Koch. The weapon can be fired in a semi-automatic or automatic. The HK21 was developed from the automatic rifle G3. Sharing this with several components, including the firing mechanism and backflow. The HK21 can be used with its integral bipod or a tripod.
ProductionEditThe HK21 was initially produced in Portugal in 1968 In Factory Arm Silver, Which already manufactures the shotgun G3. This production was designed to equip Portuguese Army with a machine gun lighter than MG42 then in service and more compatible with G3 rifles that equipped the Battlegroups in active service in War Overseas. Later the model was also being manufactured in their own Germany, in Greece and Mexico.
- HK21: Basic version with ammunition 7.62 x 51 mm NATO, fed by belt or charger;
- HK21A1: Variant of the HK21, with an improved system for feeding ammunition belt, but without feeding capacity per carrier;
- HK21E: Development of HK21A1 with a longer tube, new grip, new trigger and ability to shoot bursts of three shots;
- HK11A1: HK21A1 the parallel version, but with the ability to feed only charger;
- HK11E: HK21E the parallel version, but with the ability to feed only charger;
- HK13E: HK11E version similar to but with a new camera to shoot the ammunition 5.56 x 45 mm NATO;
- HK23E: HK21E version similar to but with a new camera to shoot the ammunition 5.56 x 45 mm NATO.
- The HK21 is in service in Portugal (Called HK21 m/968) In Paraguay, In special forces Germany (Called G8) And in some countries Africa and Southwest Asia
- The HK21 A1 is in service in Brazil at BOPE
- The HK21E is in service in Mexico and in some other countries
|Caliber||HK21 and HK11: 7.62 × 51 mm
HK23 and HK13: 5.56 x 45 mm
|Operation||Performance Gas; blowback|
|Rate of Fire||HK21 and HK21A1: 900 tpm
HK11A1, and HK11E HK21E: 800 tpm HK23E and HK13E: 750 tpm
|Output velocity of the projectile||HK21, HK21A1, and HK11A1 HK11E: 800 m / s
HK21E: 840 m / s HK23E and HK13E (with ammo SS109): 910 m / s
|Effective range||Practical Util 600 mts 1200 mts mts 1700 Effective Maximo 3800 mts|
|Weight||HK21: 7.92 kg
HK21A1: 8.30 kg HK11A1: 7.70 kg HK21E: 9.30 kg HK11E: 8.15 kg HK23E: 8.75 kg HK13E: 8.00 kg
|Overall length||HK21: 1021 mm
HK21A1, HK11A1, HK11E, and HK23E HK13E: 1030 mm HK21E: 1140 mm
|Food||HK21: charger or belt ammunition
HK21A1, and HK21E HK23E: belt ammunition HK11A1, and HK11E HK13E: Charger
|Sights||handle and front sight|
|Variants||HK21, HK21A1, HK21E, HK11A1, HK11E, and HK13E HK23E|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|