|Henry F. W. Little|
|Born||June 27, 1842|
|Died||February 7, 1907(aged 64)|
|Place of birth||Manchester, New Hampshire|
|Place of burial||Manchester, New Hampshire|
United States of America|
United States Army|
|Unit||Company D, 7th New Hampshire Infantry|
|Battles/wars||American Civil War|
|Awards||Medal of Honor|
In 1896, he published a history of his regiment under the title The Seventh Regiment New Hampshire Volunteers in the War of the Rebellion.
Medal of Honor citationEdit
Rank and organization: Sergeant, Company D, 7th New Hampshire Infantry. Place and date: Near Richmond, Va., September 1864. Entered service at: New Hampshire. Birth: Manchester, N.H. Date of issue: January 14, 1870.
Gallantry on the skirmish line.
- This article incorporates from websites or documents of the United States Army Center of Military History.
- ""HENRY F.W. LITTLE" entry". Medal of Honor recipients: American Civil War. United States Army Center of Military History. June 8, 2009. http://www.history.army.mil/html/moh/civwaral.html. Retrieved 2008-03-13.
- "Henry F. W. Little". Hall of Valor. Military Times. http://valor.militarytimes.com/recipient.php?recipientid=1298. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- "Henry F. W. Little". Claim to Fame: Medal of Honor recipients. Find a Grave. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=7146702. Retrieved 2009-04-24.
- "The 7th New Hampshire at the Battle of Olustee". http://battleofolustee.org/letters/history_7th_nhv.htm. Retrieved October 5, 2010. from Sgt. Little's book The Seventh Regiment New Hampshire Volunteers in the War of the Rebellion
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|