The Macaé Class is a class of patrol vessels of the Brazilian Navy.The project is based on the French design "Vigilante 400 CL54" Shipyard Constructions Mecanique de Normandie (CMN). The ships are being built by shipyards Maritime Industry of Ceará (INACE) and the Shipyard Ilha (in Portuguese Estaleiro Ilha or EISA).
The ship's mission is the surveillance of the Brazilian legal waters, developing activities of naval patrol, marine surveying, safety of life at sea, marine pollution monitoring and protection of offshore oil fields, and contribute to the safety of maritime traffic national.
In 2006, the shipyard INACE was hired to build the first two units. In 2009, the Shipyard Island was hired to build the second batch of four ships. Shall be constructed in all 27 ships.
Units of the ClassEdit
- NPa Macaé (P-70)
- NPa Macau (P-71) - under construction
- NPa Maracanã (P-72) - under construction
- NPa Maragogipe (P-73)- under construction
- NPa Matinhos (P-74) - under construction
- NPa Mangalore (P-75) - under construction
- Overall length: 55.6 m
- Breadth: 9.3 m
- Maximum draft: 2.5 m
- Displacement: 500 t
- Propulsion system: 2 MTU 16V 4000 M90 MCP
- Power generation: 3 diesel generators MTU Groups
- Maximum speed: 21 knots
- Radius of action at 15 knots: 2,500 MN
- Autonomy: 10 days
- Crew: 4 officers and 30 Squares
- Armament: 01 40mm L70 Cannon (AOS) and 02 machine guns 20mm GAM-B01 2
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|