Medal of Honor recipient
|Died||1907 (aged 67–68)|
|Place of birth||County Clare, Ireland|
|Place of burial||Hoboken, New Jersey|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Years of service||1868 - 1872|
|Unit||USS Benicia (1868)|
|Awards||Medal of Honor|
Medal of Honor citationEdit
Rank and organization: Private, U.S. Marine Corps. Born: 1841, Clare, Ireland. Accredited to: New York. G.O. No.: 169, February 8, 1872.
While serving on board the U.S.S. Benicia, for gallantry in advancing to the parapet, wrenching the match-lock from the hands of an enemy and killing him, at the capture of the Korean Forts, June 11, 1871.
- Michael McNamara (Medal of Honor) at Find a Grave, includes photos of McNamara's new gravestone.
- List of Medal of Honor recipients
- ↑ "Michael McNamara, Medal of Honor recipient". 1871 Korean Campaign. United States Army Center of Military History. June 8, 2009. http://www.history.army.mil/html/moh/korean1871.html. Retrieved 2007-12-13.
- This article incorporates from websites or documents of the United States Marine Corps.
- "Michael McNamara, Medal of Honor recipient". 1871 Korean Campaign. U.S Army Center of Military History. June 8, 2009. http://www.history.army.mil/html/moh/korean1871.html. Retrieved 2007-12-13.
- "Medal of Honor Citation for Michael McNamara". HomeofHeroes.com. http://www.homeofheroes.com/moh/citations_1900_wars/k_mcnamara.html. Retrieved 2007-12-13.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|