The NAe São Paulo (A-12) is an aircraft carrier purchased and incorporated by Navy of Brazil the year 2000.
Origin of nameEdit
This is the fifth ship of the Navy of Brazil to bear that name in honor of State and the city of São Paulo. Also are named the Vapor Transport São Paulo (1865), the battleship And São Paulo (1906) that was not completed, the battleship also And São Paulo (1907) and the RbAM São Paulo tug that served in the defense of the port of Santos in the Second World War.
The motto, Non Ducor, Duco (I am not led, I lead), are the same of the city. Were also used by the battleship São Paulo (1907).
HistoryEditBuilt in France between 1957 and 1960 served in the French Navy as aircraft carriers Clemenceau class under the name "FS Foch, "A tribute to Ferdinand Foch, Commander of allied troops during the WWI.
Purchased for the equivalent of 12 million U.S. dollars in September 2000 was received by the Navy operating in Brazil to November 15 that same year, the port of Brest in France, when she had passed its "Show of Armaments.
With 50% more speed and can carry twice as many aircraft as the old NAeL Minas Gerais (A-11)The NAe São Paulo (A-12) operates aircraft attack AF-1 and helicopters it is today the flagship of the Armada.
NAe is the acronym for Ship Airfield (in Portuguese: navio aeroporto).
Since its incorporation, has participated in several operations:
- ARAEX-02 (joint operation with the Army of Argentina)
- URUEX-02 (joint operation with the Navy Uruguay)
- CATRAPO II / HELITRAPO II
- PASSEX (with USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76)), And
- CMG Anthony Nigro Alberto Marino - (November 15, 2000 - April 9, 2002)
- CMG Antonio Fernando Monteiro Dias - (April 9, 2002 - February 19, 2004)
- CMG Luiz Henrique Carolina - (February 19, 2004 - February 16, 2006)
- CMG Resende - (February 16, 2006)
Boarded Air GroupEdit
The Air Group Embedded São Paulo may be composed of a different mix of aircraft in accordance with the mission. A typical group might be formed by 10 to 16 fighter-bomber A-4 Skyhawk (AF-1), 4-6 SH-3A / B (ASH-3D / H) Sea King anti-submarine and two UH-13 Squirrel overall employment and / or three UH-14 Super Puma.
In practice, the operations performed by the Navy of Brazil, the number is much reduced by problems in the availability of fighters AF-1 and by the time of using the Sea King.
- Displacement (tons): 30 884 (default) 33 673 (full load)
- Dimensions (meters): 266 x 51.2
- Flight Deck (m): 266
- Propulsion System: Boilers and turbines
- Maximum speed: 30 knots (55 km / h)
- Number of catapults: 2
- Crew: 1030 men
- Aircraft: can carry up to 40 fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters.
- NOTE: The crew of the ship is 1030 men. Considering the pilots, add will be 670 men.
The São Paulo is the largest warship in the Southern Hemisphere, with 265m long and 32,000 tons displacement at full load.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|