The Soryu and Hiryu his half-brother, unlike his predecessors, were designed from the outset as aircraft carriers, and the improved version of Hiryu Soryu, with larger displacement and mouth and the island moved to port (amendment unsuccessful, thus causing more accidents). Formed the 2nd Carrier Division, participating in the attack on Pearl Harbor actions in the East Indies and the Battle of Midway, where both were sunk.
- Amount Completed: 2 (Soryu and Hiryu)
- Length: 221.9 / 223 m (Soryu / Hiryu)
- Beam (width): 21.3 / 22.25 m (Soryu / Hiryu)
- Silent: 7,6 / 7,8 m (Soryu / Hiryu)
- Displacement: 16,000 ton. (Default) 19 800 / 21 900 ton. (Full load Soryu / Hiryu)
- Propulsion: 8 Kanpon boilers, geared turbines, 4 shafts, 152 000 / 153 000 shp (Soryu / Hiryu)
- Maximum speed: 34 knots
- Autonomy: N / d.
- Shield: 46 mm (lateral Soryu), 88–149 mm (lateral Hiryu), 30.5 to 50.8 mm (decks, both)
- Main ArmamentN / a.
- Secondary armament: 12 127 mm/L40 DP guns (6 twin mounts)
- Antiaircraft Weapons: 28 / 31 guns of 25 mm (Soryu / Hiryu - mont. Singles and doubles)
- Airplanes: 21 A6M2 Zero fighters, 16 / 18 D3A1 Val dive bombers (Soryu / Hiryu) and 18 destroyers B5N2 Kate (at Midway)
- Crew: 1,100 officers and sailors
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|