The Sukhoi Su-37 (NATO reporting name: Flanker-F or Terminator) is a Russian experimental multi-role jet fighter aircraft. It is a single seat fighter modified from the 1st generation Sukhoi Su-35 prototypes for thrust vector control testing.
The Su-37 is not to be confused with the S-37 Berkut (Su-47) forward-swept wing technology demonstrator or the single engined S-37 canard delta naval fighter proposed by Sukhoi in the early 1990s.
FeaturesEditThe Su-37 has implemented major improvements to the Su -27:
- Mode all-weather (Ability to operate day or night in any weather )
- radar with simultaneous surveillance of airspace and land, with ability to detect targets at a distance of up to 360 km .
- Monitoring of 20 different targets and attack eight targets simultaneously.
The Su -37 has the sighting system mounted on helmet (HMS) and can track targets at 45 degrees from the nozzle of the aircraft and also the system of fire BVR (Beyond Visual Range), in other words combining the N012 radar Su -37 and the missile AMS R -77 with ranges of up to 175 km, with the automated guidance system can bring down a U.S. fighter F -16 before you even realize that the presence of the Su -37 on their radar .
Furthermore, the combination of systems for attack with the sight mounted on the helmet gives the rider the opportunity to attack Off- boresight ", Ie , allow the pilot to aim for a target and attack without the game is with the nose pointed at him .
The Su -37 is also equipped with radar surveillance system N012 in the rear capable of detecting targets up to 50km and 3.2ma enemy fighters at a distance of up to 100km at 60 degrees up and down, making it almost invulnerable to attack by surprise.
Maneuverability is undoubtedly the most outstanding aspect of this aircraft , equipped with TVC (Thrust Vecttoring Control) , ie three-dimensional vectorized thrust nozzles, it has the ability to perform maneuvers "Impossible". This makes it 10 times more efficient than planes without the TVC system, a considerable advantage, and because of this it is considered to be one of the most maneuverable fighter in the world.
- Crew: 1, pilot
- Length: 22.183 m (72 ft 9 in)
- Wingspan: 14.7 m (48 ft 3 in)
- Height: 6.43 m (21 ft 1 in)
- Wing area: 62.0 m² (667 ft²)
- Empty weight: 18,500 kg (40,790 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 35,000 kg (77,160 lb)
- Powerplant: 2× Lyulka AL-37FU afterburning turbofans
- Dry thrust: 7,600 kgf (74.5 kN, 16,750 lbf) each
- Thrust with afterburner: 145 kN (32,000 lbf) each
- Maximum speed: Mach 2.30 (1,550 mph)
- Range: 3,700 km (2,230 mi)
- Service ceiling: 18,000 m (59,100 ft)
- Maximum G loading: 9/-3 g
- 1 × 30 mm GSh-30 cannon with 150 rounds
- 12 × wing and fuselage stations for up to 8,200 kg (18,080 lb) of ordnance
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|